2017 Henry Toll Fellowship Application
Program Dates: Aug. 25-30, 2017
Application Period: Individuals who plan to apply for the 2017 Toll Fellowship Program must submit a completed online application form and all supporting materials (i.e., letters of recommendation and support, completed questionnaire, resume) by midnight Hawaiian Time, Sunday, Apr. 23, 2017.
Location: Hyatt Regency in downtown Lexington, Ky
A completed Toll Fellows application must include ALL of the following components in order to be considered:
- Letter of nomination: Applicants must submit ONE letter of nomination from a member of their state’s government.
- Letters of recommendation: TWO letters of recommendation must be submitted. These letters may be written by anyone you have served with in state government, anyone who has been impacted by your leadership or anyone in a position to evaluate your leadership skills. (Letters from Toll Fellow Alumni are recommended -- [Current Alumni Roster].)
- Current resume: Applicants must submit a current resume. Resumes must be limited to 2 printed pages (4 pages printed front and back).
- Application Questionnaire: Applicants must answer the attached questions. Please keep answers to approximately 250 words or less per question.
Please upload the following components: one letter of nomination, two letters of recommendation, current resume and
the answers to the attached questions. Uploaded items must have the extension .PDF or .DOC, and must be smaller than 2 MB per item.
By clicking submit on this application, I understand and acknowledge the following:
- I understand that this program is an intense leadership boot camp. This program challenges participants to move out of their comfort zones and take an introspective look at how they view themselves as leaders. Participants will engage in a week of rigorous activity – both physically and mentally. Participants will have very little down time;
- I understand that this is a highly competitive application process and that only 12 individuals from each of CSG’s geographical regions are selected each year;
- If selected to the program, I understand that I must participate in the entire program in order to be eligible for graduation. The program begins on Aug. 25 at 4 p.m. EDT and concludes at 9 a.m. EDT on Aug. 30;
- If selected to the program, I understand that I am required to stay at the Hyatt Lexington Downtown for the duration of Toll Fellows;
- If selected to the program, I understand that refusing to actively participate in any part of the program may lead to expulsion from the program. Participation is defined as being present and engaged in all activities and functions;
- If selected to the program, I understand that I am required to attend the Toll Fellow Graduation Ceremony to be held at the CSG 2017 National Conference in Las Nevas, Nev. and,
- If I am selected to the program and unable to attend, I understand that I forfeit my slot in the class and must reapply to the program to be considered for a future class.
Applications must be submitted or postmarked by midnight, Hawaiian Time, Sunday, Apr. 23, 2017.
Online applications are preferred, however, hard copy applications can be mailed to:
Henry Toll Fellowship
The Council of State Governments
c/o Kelley Arnold
1776 Avenue of the States
Lexington, Kentucky 40511
All application and program questions can be directed to Kelley Arnold:
Telephone: (800) 800-1910
Fax: (859) 244-8001